[Catalyst] Apache mod_proxy, SSL and uri_for

Dylan Vanderhoof DylanV at semaphore.com
Thu May 17 23:56:44 GMT 2007

I'm having a little issue with SSL and uri_for.

mox_proxy is sending the X-Forwarded-For: headers correctly, but they
don't appear to have any information as to whether or not the request
was http or https.  From what I can tell, this is normal behavior.
However, that means that if I'm just using http on the connection from
the proxy to the backend server, uri_for is incorrect, which causes all
sorts of mixed-mode warnings to pop up on any subsequent requests.

using_frontend_proxy is set to 1 in my config, but it doesn't appear to
address this particular issue.

Anybody have any suggestions for how I might fix this?  For now, I'm
just running SSL to the backend server, but I'd really rather not waste
the resources.

Thanks,
Dylan