[Catalyst] Application design best practice

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Fri May 18 17:44:51 GMT 2007

Having struggled to get my actions to match my urls the way I (think) I
want, it was suggested in another thread that I put one or more action
methods in the Root controller. I would be interested in opinions about
what should/should not go in the Root C. At the moment I just have login
logic in the auto sub (a la Tutorial), and a query_log routine.

I know Catalyst is flexible, and will work OK whatever, but there might
already be some good ground rules covering this. I am anxious to avoid
generating an app with a large collection of methods in Root and not
much elsewhere.
--
Richard Jones