[Catalyst] Re: Encrypt /Decrypt URI

Daniel Hulme st at istic.org
Sat May 19 13:00:03 GMT 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 12:24:07PM +0200, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> all you need. F.ex., it would be dumb to run sshd on a port other
> than 22, hoping that no one finds it. But if you keep track of

Not really. I run sshd on my home box on a non-default port, because I
was fed up of worms running their dictionaries of uname/password combos
against it, eating my bandwidth and driving my loadavg up the wall. I
keep the box up to date, and my password is non-trivial, so it's not my
only defence, but it makes life easier for me.

--
Sufficiently advanced humour is indistinguishable from tedium.
    corollary: