[Catalyst] Re: Announcing the first Catalyst SwagReward!

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sun May 20 17:14:35 GMT 2007

* Mike Whitaker <mike at altrion.org> [2007-05-20 16:50]:
> >If all goes well it will probably be fully programmatic but will
> >almost certainly involve Python.
>
> Ooo. Dunno about that. :)
>
> Can't help feeling that it's not really within the spirit of a
> Catalyst-related prize to use Python - after all, the obvious
> home for such a script in the end is in the MojoMojo source
> tree, surely.

You conveniently snipped the part where it being programmatic was
a bonus. Manual copypaste was cited as an acceptable alternative,
even.

Bottom line, we want to get off of Trac right about now, not gold
plate the solution, and gratuitously converting working Python
code into Perl will not accelerate the conversion. I don’t have
the time for that right now, anyway.

Whoever needs/wants a Trac-to-Mojomojo tool can pick up the ball;
any code that comes out of this should be a good starting point.

I might even do that myself at a later date.

But a priority right now, it ain’t. If you can deliver a solution
that works, tomorrow, go ahead. Doesn’t matter whatever wild
hacks are necessary – getting the site relaunch ball rolling is
all that counts.

> >Is a the Cat Trac’s SQLite db available anywhere? The job
> >would be much easier if a realistic target database was
> >available to test against.
>
> I'm sure if you ask one of the maintainers of the site they'll
> get you a dump of the file.

Uh, the text you quoted just so happens to be that question to
the maintainers (who hopefully read this list).

Regards,