[Catalyst] Session unexpectedly expiring

Thomas L. Shinnick tshinnic at io.com
Mon May 21 03:36:27 GMT 2007

At 08:20 PM 5/20/2007, Jeff Chimene wrote:
>Hi,
>I'm trying to figure out why my sessions are expiring in
>script/xxx_cgi.pl but not script/xxx_server.pl
[snip]
>I'm using the Session, Session::Store::FastMmap,
>Session::State::Cookie plugins.

I've not used it, I'm guessing, and I'm an idiot, but isn't this
likely permissions problems, between running standalone vs. running
under Apache?  Any chance the backing storage file is not available
to Apache processes?  Peeking at the docs:
     storage
          Specifies the file to be used for the sharing of session data. ...
         Note that the file will be created with mode 0640, which means that
          it will only be writeable by processes running with the same uid as
          the process that creates the file.  ....

Try deleting the backing file before re-running under Apache?