[Catalyst] session issue

Bernhard Graf catalyst2 at augensalat.de
Thu May 24 08:49:36 GMT 2007

Gaurav Talwar wrote:

> I am using session to store all his details he is filling in the
> form. When he goes back to the previous pages, i take the information
> from the session and i fill them in the pages. Now the problem is
> that if users opens two forms together and fills some data and then

I suppose you mean the same user opens two instances of the same form...

> goes back to previous page, the session shows him the data (he filled
> in the second form )in the first form.
>
> I know the problem is that they are using same session. But how to
> avoid this? Any help will be highly appreciated!

Actually this isn't a Catalyst issue. You will always have this problem
when using sessions that share the same store for multiple requests.

Two options to avoid the problem:
- Store already received data in hidden fields of the subsequent forms.
- Use Apache::Session::Counted. This provides a new session data
  container for every request.
--
Bernhard Graf