[Catalyst] using REST within the app

John Goulah jgoulah at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:34:30 GMT 2007

What are peoples thoughts on using REST not only as a web service, but also
within the application itself as another layer of abstraction?  I would
assume in this way all the DB related calls would go through the REST layer,
and this way they can be invoked as services or locally through the app.  Is
this too much overhead since the model itself is a layer?

What are the best ways to deal with this from a security aspect (such as
making sure people dont call some DELETE action on senstive data)? Is this
handled with authorization or some other such way?  I wouldn't want an
"authorized" user to delete content they aren't authorized to delete of
course.

What are some of the patterns people are using to implement this?  Any other
thoughts?

Thanks!
John