[Catalyst] Problem with install Task::Catalyst via CPAN

Michael Caudy mcaudy at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:19:20 GMT 2007

   A few weeks ago, I successfully installed Task::Catalyst::Tutorial from
CPAN on a Fedora v6 VM image on Parallels on an Intel iMac.  The
installation went smoothly and the demo worked fine.

   However, yesterday I tried to install Task::Catalyst from CPAN on a
CentOS4 VMware image on the same Intel iMac.  This repeatedly failed,
apparently due to failure of Catalyst Runtime to install due to fatal
problems with one specific module:  CGI::Simple::Cookie.

I got the following message at the end of the failed install:

"Running make test
   Can't test without successful make
Running make install
   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible."

Please advise.

Thanks,

Michael Caudy