[Catalyst] Shared Host Setup

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Nov 3 20:50:11 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 07:10:44PM -0700, Mesdaq, Ali wrote:
> Myself and I am sure many others would really appreciate a howto on
> using local-lib. I have suspicion that it won't work in all setups on
> shared hosts. But this is a case where I would LOVE to be wrong.

If it doesn't, file bugs against it. Provided you've got a toolchain (make,
C compiler etc.) available it should work.

local::lib is the distillation of my preferred techniques for non-root
installs as evolved over a couple years' worth of doing so for Cat+DBIC+etc
on shared dev servers and web hosts.

If Catalyst installation on shared hosting is hard, you're doing it wrong.

This automates my opinion of how to do it right.