[Catalyst] Shared Host Setup

Mesdaq, Ali amesdaq at websense.com
Mon Nov 19 20:25:37 GMT 2007

So I tired something I been meaning to test out. So I created a vmware
image of freebsd and created the full path I would have on my shared
host and downloaded and installed perl to that path. Then I ran cpan
downloading every module I needed for catalyst using the new perl I just
built. Then I uploaded that perl directory to my host and ran all my
scripts with that as the path to perl.

Catalyst looks like its working fine. So far no issues. Can anyone think
of a reason why this would not be a good alternative setup option on
shared hosts?

Thanks,
Ali Mesdaq
Security Researcher II