[Catalyst] Ubuntu / Catalyst

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Nov 9 15:03:19 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 01:02:28PM +0000, Jason Tang wrote:
> On Fri Nov 09, 2007 at 12:45:43PM +0000, Jason Tang wrote:
> > I'm just about to embark on reviewing Catalyst as a framework for our
> > web developments. I've done small amounts of Catalyst playing around in
> > my spare time but not a massive amount.
> >
> > I'm probably going through the same hoops other people are going through
> > with regards of its production suitability. The first question I've come
> > across is about being able to package Catalyst with its multitude of
> > dependancies for a production environment. I'm not convinced installing
> > direct from CPAN is the solution.
>
> I should add we develop on ubuntu (7.04 currently).

6.06 was the last one that was serious production quality.

7.04 has a bastardized fstab setup, a bleeding-edge init replacement, and
a host of other not-really-unix-or-linux-or-anything-else-but-ubuntu-isms.

But hell, it's your platform and that's just my opinion. None of our servers
are going past 6.06 though :)