[Catalyst] Ubuntu / Catalyst

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 18:42:44 GMT 2007

Matt S Trout wrote:
> 6.06 was the last one that was serious production quality.
>
> 7.04 has a bastardized fstab setup, a bleeding-edge init replacement, and
> a host of other not-really-unix-or-linux-or-anything-else-but-ubuntu-isms.
>
> But hell, it's your platform and that's just my opinion. None of our servers
> are going past 6.06 though :)

I've played with 6.06, 6.10, 7.04 and 7.10 versions on VMware - the 7.xx
versions both get 'stuck' at the 'Running local boot scripts
(/etc/rc.local)' output, which happens after the first login prompt, and
requires a keyboard entry to 'push' it along. I don't know if this is a
VM issue though, as I've not run either as production.

Any thoughts on CentOS 5 for production quality?
--
Richard Jones