[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP problems

Matija Grabnar matija at serverflow.com
Mon Nov 12 12:17:19 GMT 2007

Is anybody using Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP ?
I tried using it on my Debian stable install, and I've been unable to
make it work:

a) instalation test fail because the ldap server ldap.openldap.org used
in the tests is not responding.

b) When I attempt to set up exactly (copy/paste except for bind
parameters) according to documentation, Catalyst crashes
because $c->authenticate is not defined.

c) When I replace $c->authenticate with c->login, I get a message saying
default_store is not defined.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Incidentaly:
I've got LDAP authentication working with Apache. Is there an
authentication method that simply takes over the username and password
that Apache got from the user?