[Catalyst] Re: Ubuntu / Catalyst

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Nov 14 16:19:10 GMT 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 11:43:33AM +1030, Jon Schutz wrote:
> Personally I would not consider Ubuntu suitable as a production server
> platform as it is too close to the bleading edge.

Because 6.06 is the long-term supported release it's been rather more
conservative.

As I've already said, I don't consider the non-LTS releases suitable
either, but we deployed 6.06 when Debian stable was still 3.0 and -way- too
behind the times for our tastes.

I suspect our next revision of our platform will be to Debian 4 if nothing
better comes along in the mean time.