[Catalyst] Patch to make ConfigLoader load "local" files

Brian Cassidy brian.cassidy at nald.ca
Tue Nov 20 16:34:35 GMT 2007

John,

John Tate wrote:
> I've been trying to get C::P::ConfigLoader (0.18) to load "local"
> configuration files. From my reading of the documentation, if have a
> Config::General configuration file called "myapp.conf", I should be able
> to load another file named something like "myapp_local.conf", but I've
> not been able to make it work. I can't find any other reports of this
> problem, so I'm probably misreading the documentation or misusing the
> plugin...

I've yet to see an issue that would prevent the "suffix" option to work
as expected. I've confirmed with mst, who uses Config::General files,
that it works for him.

Are you setting any configuration or environment variables to further
tweak ConfigLoader's workings? (i.e. any of the settings described in
get_config_path() [1] and get_config_local_suffix() [2])

-Brian

[1]
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader/lib/Catalyst/Plugin/ConfigLoader.pm#get_config_path
[2]