[Catalyst] Session/Authentication/Authorization for legacy + Cat

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Nov 20 18:25:06 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 11:03:24PM -0800, Ashley Pond V wrote:
> I'm working on some session code which I'd like to be able to use
> with legacy code (non-Cat) and Cat. No problem. Apache::Session
> (::Flex) and CGI::Session both have Cat plugins so either one will
> migrate fine (seems like CGI::Session is the winner; deeper controls,
> same divers backends, active development, no table MySQL locking or
> DESTROY squirreliness). Yay, team!
>
> For authentication/authorization though I can't find a(n obvious)
> path for both legacy and Cat. I love the Cat plugins, btw. Is there
> is, or is there ain't a way to write authentication/authorization
> which is going to work (at least in the backend) for both?
>
> Any tales from the punchbowl on the topic?

"Let Catalyst handle /login. Make legacy code get user out of session.

Stop worrying and learn to love the bomb."

'Tis a strange love we have for the legacies we inherit.

--
      Matt S Trout       Catalyst and DBIx::Class consulting and support -
   Technical Director      http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/