[Catalyst] Session/Authentication/Authorization for legacy + Cat

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.com
Tue Nov 20 20:41:02 GMT 2007

>On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 11:03:24PM -0800, Ashley Pond V wrote:
>> I'm working on some session code which I'd like to be able to use
>> with legacy code (non-Cat) and Cat...
>> For authentication/authorization though I can't find a(n obvious)
>> path for both legacy and Cat.
>>
>> Any tales from the punchbowl on the topic?
>
>"Let Catalyst handle /login. Make legacy code get user out of session.

That's a really good way so long as you can make the old app use a Catalyst
session handler.
We had to incorporate around an old perl app that used a user table with
Unix passwd style passwords and its own cookies and custom session handling.
We set up a DBIx::Class view to the SQL user table in the Catalyst
authentication configuration and took a hit on using different session
stores between old and new apps, which wasn't really a problem in this case.
The old app works the same and the new Catalyst parts are self-contained but
share the user login/password.

Regards, Peter
Dragonstaff Limited  http://www.dragonstaff.com   Business IT Consultancy