[Catalyst] CMS Revisited

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 25 22:50:35 GMT 2007

There have been posts from time to time regarding CMS in Catalyst on this mailing list. Those inspired me to try my hand at writing such a beast, so I decided to start a new thread on the subject. I've pushed the rock up the hill to a point that I'll risk having people take a look.

I have put the site up on the net as a demo. I'll need a weekend more or two to do some code cleanup, but once that's done I'll make it available for download.

If the project seems worthwhile to the Catalyst community, perhaps this could form the basis for a full-featured portal system. Actually, what I have in mind is a _configurable_ installer that would allow selection from a suite of components, so that the end result could range from "portal-lite" to "full-featured." I don't have that level of development in place at the moment, but that's the direction. And yes! I do plan to incorporate Handel ;-)

The URL is http://catapult.ideastream.com

The last I checked, the registration widget works, so you  should be able to create a user, but if there's a problem, you can login with username/pw: tguy1/tguy1

I have very few photos in the gallery at the moment, just enough to mess around with. You can click the gallery, display link, or do a search photos on the tag: pond. Or use the tag: dennis to see what I do in my spare time.

/dennis