[Catalyst] merging DB data with XML data

Carl Johnstone catalyst at fadetoblack.me.uk
Fri Oct 5 10:52:19 GMT 2007

Hi,

This may be more of a DBIx::Class question than Catalyst, but anyway.

I have a system where the bulk of the content is generated elsewhere in XML
format, I've implemented a Catalyst Model that reads the XML, and returns a
blessed perl data structure (with appropriate caching etc.)

Where I've got problems is searching, it's impractical to search 1000s of
XML files, so I want to put some of the meta-information (and maybe dump a
copy of the text) into a DB for search purposes.

What I'd like to do though is when I do a search in the DB, turn any rows
returned into these XML objects so I can then access the whole of the
content as usual.

Suggestions welcome!

Carl