[Catalyst] serving static content from one controller?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Fri Oct 5 15:34:22 GMT 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 07:34:43PM -0700, Dustin Suchter wrote:
> So I've got what has to be a pretty common problem: I've built a
> system that is 95% behind some authentication, and 5% public. I'd
> like to have the entire public portion be static HTML files that are
> all served from the '/public/' directory. I've created a "Public"
> controller and the corresponding directory to hold static HTML
> content. I've also modified the system such that either the Public
> controller or the Login controller can be access by unauthenticated
> users.

Are the static html files generated via templates?  That is, are they
really "static" or do they just not contain any dynamic content but
still must be processed by catalyst to generate the page?

For static pages that are still built with templates and Catalyst I
use a caching proxy in front of Catalyst.

> I've looked into "Static::Simple", but I can't find a good
> manual/tutorial on it. I've tried to guess at how to use it but I
> pretty much didn't get anywhere.

You mean the C::P::Static::Simple manual wasn't helpful?
How did you set it up?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org