[Catalyst] Helper classes shared across multiple controllers - any recommendations?

Stefan Kühn ducdebreme at early-dance.de
Wed Oct 10 07:01:47 GMT 2007

I would like to provide functionality to multiple controllers. Imagine, you
have a funny class "Funny.pm" as __part of your catalyst app__ .

I could create the helper class in a directory below my app e.g.
   /Cat/Helper/Funny.pm

Then, I could use the class in a Controller "Test":
---
package Cat::Controller::Test;

use strict;
use warnings;
use base 'Catalyst::Controller';
use Cat::Helper::Funny;   ## <-- this is the funny class

sub index : Private {
    my ( $self, $c ) =3D @_;

    # do funny stuff
    my $fun =3D Cat::Helper::Funny->new( %some_params );
    my $funny_result =3D $fun->do_calculate();

    # .... some more steps ...
}
1;
---

My questions:
- Is this a could way to solve the problem? (may be best practice?)
- Any other suggestions?

Stefan

-- =

Stefan Kuehn - Le Duc de Br=EAme