[Catalyst] Catalyst + RHTMLO

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Sep 4 11:16:06 GMT 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 11:31:57AM +0200, Tobias Kremer wrote:
> Is anybody here using Catalyst + RHTMLO, especially Rose::HTML::Form, to handle
> forms? If yes, I'd like to know what your glue code (init forms from db,
> re-fill from $c->req->params etc.) looks like because RHTMLO has a somewhat
> different approach to handling things and I have the feeling that I'm doing
> things overly complicated.
>
> Other than that, I really like the way RHTMLO works and would love to see
> something like a Catalyst::Controller::RHTMLO module which works similar to the
> other form controllers out there. The existing C::C::Rose module is tied to RDBO
> and thus of no use for me because I very much prefer DBIC.

The ::Rose author seemed perfectly willing to make it work with DBIC, but
since he doesn't use DBIC he doesn't know what you'd need (just like I couldn't
write it due to not using RHTMLO :).

Maybe if you try and outline what you'd like from an API POV something could
be done?

http://chainsawblues.vox.com/                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/