[Catalyst] TT and UNICODE: Garbled special characters

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:27:32 GMT 2007

if you are going to write unicode characters in your source code,
don't you need to say "use utf8;" or something?

http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/lib/utf8.pm

I'm not sure what the default is.Source code is ascii by default ,
AFAIK - if you are going to use something which is in the extended
ASCII range, I'm not sure it will be UTF8 encoded unless you use the
pragma.