[Catalyst] TT and UNICODE: Garbled special characters

Stefan Kühn ducdebreme at early-dance.de
Wed Sep 5 13:02:57 GMT 2007

On 9/5/07, Daniel McBrearty <danielmcbrearty at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It seems to me that Template-Toolkit does no UTF-8-encoding of the
> > outputted variables.
>
> well, it shouldn't.

Maybe i should adjust my statement:
__it looks like TT uses the wrong Encoding for the output of vars.__

Obviously, the string variable reaches the stash correctly. I wrote
it's content to a UTF-8 file and i found the result correctly.
I even tried to set the ENCODING parameter in View::TT.pm, but did not
find any changes.
Maybe the version of TT is too old? I am using
*Template Toolkit version 2.18, released on 09 February 2007.*