[Catalyst] Some guidance needed please

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Sep 14 13:35:12 GMT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 12:43:15PM +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
>
> >The docs are correct.
> >
> >That's just completely the wrong place for the create_limited method.
>
> I'd better read them more thoroughly then :-)
>
> I'm coming at this as an ex-Class::DBI user who uses DBIx::Class every
> few months. Each time I come into contact with it the state of the art
> has moved on so much it feels like I'm re-learning everything. But that
> is most definitely my problem !
>
> I appreciate that RTFM is the right way to go but could you give me a
> clue as where the right place for the create_limited method would be ?

Rule of thumb: If it would have been a class method in CDBI code it probably
wants to be a resultset method in DBIC.

As I noted in my initial reply to the OP though, I'd probably override
insert+update on my user object to call an _add_pw_to_used_list method or
similar; whether that then calls a create_limited resultset method for
usedpassword or handles the logic itself doesn't strike me as that important.

http://chainsawblues.vox.com/                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/