[Catalyst] Can't find my canary

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 20 16:43:53 GMT 2007

I have a problem trying to use Catalyst::Plugin::FormCanary.

There are 3 routines:

sub setup checks to make sure session is up and running. It is.

sub finalize_session successfully creates the canary keys and adds a hidden input tag to $c->response->body. I wrote output of $c->response->body to $c->log->debug, so I can see that at the command line. But when my page displays in the browser, view source shows that the hidden input tag is NOT there. I'm probably missing something very basic in what happens to $c->response->body, just not sure what.

So when I (say) try to login, sub prepare_action can't find the canary. Bummer. Help?

/dennis