[Catalyst] Can't find my canary

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Thu Sep 20 18:56:21 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 08:43 -0700, Dennis Daupert wrote:
> I have a problem trying to use Catalyst::Plugin::FormCanary.

Two things.  First is, FormCanary is a hack.  It would be better to let
your form validation system handle canary injection and verification.
FormCanary isn't going to work very well for AJAX.  (Maybe I will add an
API method $c->get_canary_html or something, but taking a bad idea even
further might be ... bad :)

However, if FormCanary's munging is appropriate for your application,
wait a bit for me to release 0.02.  It turns out that the body is now
sent before finalize_session gets to inject the canary.  I have fixed
this locally but still have the verification test failing because
C::P::S::S::Cookie is broken on all my machines.  You can get my body
fix from git, though, and see if that works on your machine.

(git == "git clone git://git.jrock.us/Catalyst-Plugin-FormCanary", or
http://git.jrock.us if you want a tarball.)

BTW, did the tests originally pass for you?  If they did and the module
doesn't work, I would be interested in hearing more about that.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway