[Catalyst] New engine: HTTP::Prefork

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Sun Apr 6 15:59:45 BST 2008

On Apr 6, 2008, at 3:08 AM, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

>> It is based on Net::Server::Prefork so it has all of the preforking
>> features you'd expect (min servers, spares, max servers, flock-
>> based accept() serialization, etc).  It also requires 2 XS modules
>> to  further improve performance: HTTP::HeaderParser::XS (formerly
>> Perlbal::XS::HTTPHeaders), and Cookie::XS.
>
> I've tried to install HTTP-HeaderParser-XS (under Windows), but I
> got the following error:
>
> E:\HTTP-HeaderParser-XS-0.20\HTTP-HeaderParser-XS-0.20>perl
> Makefile.pl
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lstdc++
>
> And I can't go further because I can't do the next step (nmake). I
> also tried to find a ppm package for this module, but I couldn't.
>
> The other modules work fine and I think
> Catalyst::Engine::HTTP::Prefork should also work if HTTP-
> HeaderParser-XS is working.
>
> Do you have suggestions for what I can do to be able to install it
> under Windows?

As Windows doesn't support fork, I am not sure the engine will work
under Windows at all.  The fork emulation in ActivePerl will probably
not work, since it makes your application multi-threaded and then you
will run into thread safety issues with lots of modules.

However, the "No library found for -lstdc++" warning happens to me too
on Mac, and it compiles fine anyway.