[Catalyst] New engine: HTTP::Prefork

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 08:08:40 BST 2008

Hi,

From: "Andy Grundman" <andy at hybridized.org>

> Finally got around to releasing an engine I have been working on for a
> little bit.  I was disappointed in the POE engine and came to the
> conclusion that POE, while tons of fun to use, is not the right  framework
> for something like a Catalyst engine.  So this engine is  designed to
> replace the POE engine and is more than twice as fast, a  lot more robust,
> and will scale much better.

Congratulations!

> It is based on Net::Server::Prefork so it has all of the preforking
> features you'd expect (min servers, spares, max servers, flock-based
> accept() serialization, etc).  It also requires 2 XS modules to  further
> improve performance: HTTP::HeaderParser::XS (formerly
> Perlbal::XS::HTTPHeaders), and Cookie::XS.

I've tried to install HTTP-HeaderParser-XS (under Windows), but I got the
following error:

E:\HTTP-HeaderParser-XS-0.20\HTTP-HeaderParser-XS-0.20>perl Makefile.pl
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lstdc++

And I can't go further because I can't do the next step (nmake). I also
tried to find a ppm package for this module, but I couldn't.

The other modules work fine and I think Catalyst::Engine::HTTP::Prefork
should also work if HTTP-HeaderParser-XS is working.

Do you have suggestions for what I can do to be able to install it under
Windows?

Thank you.

Octavian