[Catalyst] catalyst and oracle "CONNECT BY PRIOR"

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun Apr 6 21:14:22 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 03:41:00PM +0200, Ulf Lenski wrote:
> hi,
> how can I use a query like:
>
> SQL> SELECT a
>  FROM test_table
>  CONNECT BY PRIOR b=a
>
> in my controller like:
> $c->stash->{a} = [ $c->model('MyAppDB::Bla')->search({ }, ???????????????? { }  )];
>

> SQL> SELECT * FROM test_table;
>
>           A              B
> -----------     ----------
>           1             -1
>           2              1
>           3              1
>           4              2
>           5              2
>           6              4
>           7              4
>           8              5
>           9              5
>          10              3
>          11              3
>
> Can anyone help me here in the catalyst-list?

No, because this is nothing to do with Catalyst.

> Or post it to thedbix-list?

There's no such thing as 'dbix', the project si called DBIx::Class. There
are many others in the DBIx:: namespace and none of them are related.

Also, the answer is going to be 'patches welcome' so unless you fancy
implementing this, you're stuck finding aother approach :)