[Catalyst] New credential -- Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::OpenID

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Mon Apr 7 19:01:30 BST 2008

On Apr 7, 2008, at 10:30 AM, Jay K wrote:
> Hi Ashley,
>
> Sorry for the delay, It sounds quite interesting.  Are you working off
> of the auth module in svn at the moment, or the released version.  I
> ask because there are changes in svn that might make it easier to
> implement.  I'm in the process of documenting those changes for a
> release soon.  Namely, the realm has much more control (more hook
> points) in the auth process - might be useful.
>
> Anyway - let me know if I can help in any way.

Working from the CPAN version.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Authentication-Credential-OpenID/
(Ignore the extra "Documentation" link, I left a trash copy of the
file in there and need to get it out; I'll try tonight when I've got
time; I notice another mistake -- I left the store class in the
sample config but it doesn't exist yet.)

I'd love to see your new stuff. I'll take a look later. I am
already basically using the realm for everything. Don't know
what the new looks like but the old was pretty easy to follow
and I was grateful for the internals info you put in the POD.

The only current real configuration option, for example, is that
you can set your own user agent and pass it arguments. From the POD-

  Plugin::Authentication:
    default_realm: members
    realms:
      openid: