[Catalyst] RIA on Catalyst

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Thu Apr 10 19:38:41 BST 2008

Hi Peter,
I'm using Catalyst and ExtJS. I use JSON as the default view and pass
everything to the stash so it gets to the UI. I'm not using any REST
or SOA or anything like that because my app will never communicate
with other apps.
Are you sure that all the http methods work with xmlhttprequest? Doing
a quick google search I found this: http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/webkit-unassigned/2006-March/006215.html

I can recommend ExtJS. It has very good docs and is pretty straight
forward.

I'm using HTML::FormFu too. It does all the validation and I wrote a
small wrapper which creates ExtJS forms from formfu form objects.
Server side validation can be done pretty easy this way.

cheers,

moritz