[Catalyst] Catalyst::Controller::SOAP + Pod::WSDL?

Ian Sillitoe ian at sillit.com
Fri Apr 11 11:22:02 BST 2008

I'm just getting started on implementing SOAP services in my Catalyst
app so I figured I would try and make sure I'm using the best tools
before I start coding.

Catalyst::Controller::SOAP looks perfect as I'm not doing anything too
complicated yet, really just exposing data via SOAP. However, I was
also looking to automate the process of generating (and more
importantly, maintaining) the WSDL file describing those services. It
looks like Pod::WSDL does a good job of this, so I was wondering
whether anyone was already working on getting Pod::WSDL to generate
the WSDL file directly from the docs in the Controller at startup?

Cheers,

Ian