[Catalyst] Catalyst::Controller::SOAP + Pod::WSDL?

Drew Taylor taylor.andrew.j at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 22:40:46 BST 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Ian Sillitoe <ian at sillit.com> wrote:
> I'm just getting started on implementing SOAP services in my Catalyst
>  app so I figured I would try and make sure I'm using the best tools
>  before I start coding.
>
>  Catalyst::Controller::SOAP looks perfect as I'm not doing anything too
>  complicated yet, really just exposing data via SOAP.

C::C::SOAP++. That combined with pre-built schemas allowed me to get
into the difficult (and mostly fun) bits of actually implementing the
SOAP calls very quickly. Also Ruoso++ for his awesome work in the
recent releases to automate working WSDL.

>  However, I was
>  also looking to automate the process of generating (and more
>  importantly, maintaining) the WSDL file describing those services. It
>  looks like Pod::WSDL does a good job of this, so I was wondering
>  whether anyone was already working on getting Pod::WSDL to generate
>  the WSDL file directly from the docs in the Controller at startup?

I briefly looked at Pod::WSDL, but ended up not needing to because of
my prebuilt schemas. Once you have schemas, the WSDL becomes pretty
straightforward. That said, I'd be very interested to hear from anyone
who had to generate their own WSDL/schemas too.

Drew