[Catalyst] Sending email safely with Catalyst

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Fri Apr 11 14:11:44 BST 2008

On 04/11/2008 04:42 AM, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> It's terribly easy to get this wrong so wanted some feedback from
> people who'd previously implemented something like this live before
> inadvertently turning my site into a spam conduit :-)

I use the View::Email instead of the Plugin. I find that the View better fits my
architecture philosophy and allows for easy email template management similar to my other
HTML view templates.

The same kind of security safeguards apply to sending email as for protecting against SQL
injection and other taint issues. I don't try sending large numbers of email (see other
replies on this thread for suggestions on that). Usually it's a confirmation email for
some action the requester has made.
--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/