[Catalyst] Sending email safely with Catalyst

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Apr 19 16:59:31 BST 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 01:31:37PM -0700, Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> >  But you're writing a new catalyst app, so you're deploying it under fastcgi,
> >  right?
> >
> >  Really, mod_perl is a legacy deployment option. Don't.
> >  http://chainsawblues.vox.com/
>
> Your blog is powered by Catalyst running under mod_perl 1.x. Seriously...

Thus proving that people who've spent many years wrangling mod_perl 1 can
make it run very impressively.

I've spent a couple years with MP1 and while I doubt I'm as good as you
guys are with it I can make it behave quite well enough for any purpose I've
ever needed to.

And yet I still deploy everything on FastCGI now, because it's an order
of magnitude less fucking about. Draw your own conclusions.