[Catalyst] Why does $c->stats require -Debug flag?

Jon Schutz jon+catalyst at youramigo.com
Sat Apr 12 00:33:28 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 19:53 +0100, Richard Jones wrote:

> Yeah I tried -Stats already - something must have changed in a recent
> version of Catalyst::Stats, as now I get:
>
> [error] Caught exception in MyApp::Controller::Root->end "Can't locate
> object method "accept" via package "Catalyst::Stats" at .. etc"
>
> So it's now finding the stats method but apparently not accept. accept
> is a method of Tree::Simple I think. I didn't specifically load anything
> from Tree::Simple previously, it just worked using $c->stats->accept().

I think you probably want $c->stats->report, but can't think why you're
calling this directly as it is invoked in finalize() if -Debug or -Stats
is set.  See perldoc Catalyst::Stats.

--

Jon Schutz                        My tech notes http://notes.jschutz.net
Chief Technology Officer                        http://www.youramigo.com