[Catalyst] CC::FormBuilder woes - I don't get it

Piet Ruyssinck piet.ruyssinck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 20:29:31 BST 2008

My problem with FormBuilder and Template Toolkit :

[% form.render %]
works

[% FOREACH f IN form.fields %]
[% f.label %]
[% f.field %]
[% END %]
works

[% form.field.<fieldname>.field %]
does not work

The same problem was signaled a year ago under de subject
"CC::Formbuilder woes".
A solution was posted :
> Actually, it _was_ a stash issue, but all down to my misuse of it! Once
> I used the correct term for it (default = formbuilder), or over-rode it
> with the Controller::FormBuilder config entry stash_name =>
> something_else, it worked fine. Thanks for the pointer.

My problem : I just don't get it.
the default for stash_name is formbuilder.  Does this mean that
[% formbuilder.field.<fieldname>.field %]
ought to work ?  It doesn't.
Or else, what should I override it with ?  with 'form' ?  No luck either.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me might be able to help me.

--
Piet Ruyssinck