[Catalyst] Re: Unit Testing

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 23:52:17 BST 2008

On 21 Apr 2008, at 02:43, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Kieren Diment <diment at gmail.com> [2008-04-20 15:45]:
>> perl -e 'for $i (1 .. 48) { system "lynx -dump -nolist
>> http://www.jrock.us/fp2008/catalyst/slide$i.html"}' > jrock.txt
>
> I would have proposed that, but any multipart slides are called
> things like slide17a.html, slide17b.html etc so your script won’t
> work.

It's a fair cop.

#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;
use WWW::Mechanize;
my $m = WWW::Mechanize->new;
$m->get("http://www.jrock.us/fp2008/catalyst/slide1.html");
print $m->content;
while ($m->follow_link(text_regex=>qr/Next/)) {    print $m-
 >content; } ;

Then pipe that into lynx -stdin -nolist -width 9999 # evil but works
well enough.

> (And anyway, for that sort of thing you should be using curl:
> curl -O 'http://www.jrock.us/fp2008/catalyst/slide[1-48].html'
> except of course that this won’t work for the same reason.)

I'd never read the curl manpage before - thanks, might be handy for
me.  With lwp and www::mechanize on the shelf next to it, I generally
reach for them first.