[Catalyst] HTTP::Body, utf8 filenames, and escaped strings.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Apr 29 03:43:56 BST 2008

When I upload files via a browser utf8 file names are passed directly
as utf8.

I'm using a java applet also for file uploads.  When it uploads a file
with a utf8 filename the name is uri-escaped.

Is it correct behavior to uri-escape the filename?

I'm thinking it's not correct behavior - because I can upload a file
with %-escapes with Firefox and they are uploaded un-changed (the
percent+digits stay in the filename).

But, if it is valid, should HTTP::Body automatically uri_unescape the
Multipart headers?

How does one determine the charset/encoding of the "filename" passed
in the multipart upload?

I'm wondering if HTTP::Body should decode the headers as they are
parsed.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org