[Catalyst] So, what do we want in the -next- book?

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 16:46:09 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Mark Keating
<mdk at shadowcatsystems.co.uk> wrote:

> > Dare I say, an Enlightened Perl Development book?
> >
> > *prod prod*
> >
> > HEY MST AND MDK I AM LOOKING AT YOU GUYS.
> >
> > *cough*
> >

>  Actually a Developers Perl book sounds like a good idea.
>
>  Perl for Enterprise: A look at Enlightened Perl Development
>
>  That way you could cover quite a few camps at once, if it took a theme such
> as bringing an app into existence (as already mentioned here) including all
> aspects of dev. then it might even elicit some general interest to other
> language developers who are very confused as to the current state of Perl.

I think that is a great idea.  There is nothing perl specific about
building a good web application, aside from the specific tools.  If we
describe the tools in a manner that shows their strengths in the
specific utilization areas then non-perl folk can benefit greatly as
well.  Show the strengths by describing the utilization and best
practices, without championing OUR WAY IS THE BEST!!

>  Also. J SHIRLEY - you is on the board as well :P

Yes, but my available time to JFDI sucks.  Evidenced by
catwiki.toeat.com not being on catalystframework.org yet :)