[Catalyst] So, what do we want in the -next- book?

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Apr 29 18:02:04 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:34:57AM -0500, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> * On Tue, Apr 29 2008, Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
>> Right, and I need to read the entire Linux and libc source code to be
>> able to write a Unix application.
> It will help, yes.

It may well help, but it is not necessarily the best approach. The source
code to a library is too low-level for a user of the library to really get a
grip on how all the pieces fit together and are intended to be used.

Telling people to grub through the source is generally an admission that the
doucmentation sucks. Which it does.