[Catalyst] So, what do we want in the -next- book?

Marcus Ramberg marcus at nordaaker.com
Tue Apr 29 21:58:52 BST 2008

On 29. april. 2008, at 19.02, Peter Corlett wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:34:57AM -0500, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
>> * On Tue, Apr 29 2008, Peter Corlett wrote:
> [...]
>>> Right, and I need to read the entire Linux and libc source code to
>>> be
>>> able to write a Unix application.
>> It will help, yes.
>
> It may well help, but it is not necessarily the best approach. The
> source
> code to a library is too low-level for a user of the library to
> really get a
> grip on how all the pieces fit together and are intended to be used.
>
> Telling people to grub through the source is generally an admission
> that the
> doucmentation sucks. Which it does.

We have a bunch of library documentation, manuals and tutorials for
Catalyst tho
(which we are very happy to accept new contributors to :)

Jonathan suggested reading the source if you wanted to learn Catalyst
internals, not
as a requirement For application development... I'm not sure why that
seems so
unreasonable?

With regards,
Marcus Ramberg.