[Catalyst] Tutorial update (was: -next- book)

Aaron Brown aaron at thebrownproject.com
Tue Apr 29 22:43:18 BST 2008

Marcus Ramberg wrote:
> We have a bunch of library documentation, manuals and tutorials for
> Catalyst tho
> (which we are very happy to accept new contributors to :)

Speaking of which...

I'm a new Catalyst user, or at least I've been trying, so I naturally
worked through the online tutorial to wrap my head around the framework
and get some practice with plugins like Authentication and Authorization.

I've found that the Authorization "chapter" of the tutorial is... well,
it's broken.  It looks to me as if it was written against an older
version of Catalyst (and the Authz plugin) which may have employed a
completely different config specification, but it's hard for me to say
since I'm new to the system.  What I *do* know is that, replicated
verbatim, the project won't run.

Anyway, I managed to make my project work, and I'd be happy to submit my
updates to someone for inclusion in the tutorial.  How should I go about
it, and who should I talk to?

  - Aaron

--
Aaron Brown :: aaron at thebrownproject.com :: www.thebrownproject.com