[Catalyst] [SOT] cat webmail app?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Aug 5 18:41:07 BST 2008

I think I've done my due diligence.  I've searched using Google and
looked through the cat website but haven't found any info on a cat based
webmail interface.  Heck even Perl based is tough.  And webmail may be
the wrong term.

Anyone aware of a or working on a cat application to access IMAP/SMTP
servers?  Most of the webmail applications I could find information on
were designed to run on the mailbox server itself, used LDAP, and POP3.

I'm looking for something that can run on any server and uses IMAP to
access the the mail.  Being able to use a separate outbound SMTP server,
verses using the web server, would be nice too.

I know all the pieces are available but a completely or mostly round
wheel to start with would be great.

If there is nothing available I'm thinking of starting with CaMail
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/camail/) and bending it into Catalyst.
Any thoughts on this?

TIA,
Rod