[Catalyst] [SOT] cat webmail app?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Aug 7 21:12:47 BST 2008

Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
> Roderick A. Anderson escribió:
>> I think I've done my due diligence.  I've searched using Google and
>> looked through the cat website but haven't found any info on a cat
>> based webmail interface.  Heck even Perl based is tough.  And webmail
>> may be the wrong term.
>>
> You will get free beer ;)
>
>  From http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/catalystbounties
>
> 4 cases of beer
>     * An IMAP Client using Ajax type things, preferably using Dojo, to
> whoop Squirrelmail's butt. Offered by Suretec - ghenry
>
> I was planning to start a webmail with Catalyst as the base, and an AJAX
> interface myself, but I think it's better to team up than to do it on
> myself. Are you open to help? Maybe a mailing list can be started to lay
> down the design and necessary components, get ideas, etc.

This looks a little more energetic than I had planned, at least
initially.  I am not looking for an Outlook replacement plus I've never
used Squirrelmail so I don't know what all it provides.

That said, I'll give it a whirl.  I need to add that I have specific
needs as far as IMAP and SMTP (outbound) handling goes.  Those include
Postfix, Dovecot, and PostgreSQL.  So that will twist how I want to do
things.  I'll aim for as generic as possible so other MTA's, IMAP
servers, and LDA's could be used with a little tweaking.
   Oops: Just like the man behind the curtain ignore the mention of LDA
for now.  :-)

Jose, you still interested?

Rod