[Catalyst] [SOT] cat webmail app?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Aug 13 20:47:01 BST 2008

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 09:39:01AM +0200, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
>> Matt S Trout wrote:
>>> We'll happily host a list and svn for this alongside the main catalyst
>>> stuff; I can also help you set up an IRC channel on irc.perl.org if you
>>> want to at some point.
>> Please do so, Matt. That way we can get into discussion without
>> "bothering" the Catalyst list.
>
> I doubt you'd be bothering us so much :)
>
> I'd need a name to make a list though. catalyst-mail-thingy just doesn't seem
> great.
>
> So, I suggest you pick one. Otherwise I'm going to come up with a really bad
> name like 'camelmail' and name your list after that.

Well I fell into a pit and had a tough time escaping.

Where are /we/ on this?  Name: Catmail?  List: exist?  Repo: exist?
irc:exist? Needed: Me? (for more than being an agitator.)

Jose.  I think I saw a message that you had got some code donated(?).

All.  I am working on two other projects that will use Catalyst but I've
been away from development (using cat anyway) for quite awhile so I'm
liable to ask some pretty lame questions.

So does anyone have a preferred module set to deal with IMAP and why?
One of my projects mentioned above uses IMAP and I found there are a lot
of options ... A lot!

Some seem more complete, several have very cryptic methods, many relied
on a previous knowledge of the supporting modules and the documentation
was lacking or vague.  I think a lot of problems I ran into was my lack
of experience with IMAP as more than a user.

So enough rambling on.  What next?

Rod