[Catalyst] [SOT] cat webmail app?

Andrew Kornak akornak at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 20:14:41 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 10:48 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 05:47:25PM -0500, Andrew Kornak wrote:
> > http://www.webmin.com/usermin.html
> >
> > Not Cat based but is a fairly complete perl-based, modular, extensible
> > solution as well as a useful system administration tool. I have used
> > Webmin and Usermin for many years and highly recommend both.
>
> How does that remotely relate to webmail?

As per the web sites I included, Usermin has a fairly complete mail
module that integrates with spam/virus filters and offers many options
regarding your mail delivery agent. Webmin and Usermin are BSD-like
licensed and offer RPM. DEB, and tar source packages. I thought it might
be a useful starting point or even a reference since it is written
entirely in perl and is a very mature and well supported project.

http://www.webmin.com/ustandard.html

http://www.webmin.com/uwebmail.html

http://www.webmin.com/modules-index.html

> ... also, must chase the authors, one of them was talking about some
> Devel::REPL patches.

-Andrew