[Catalyst] [SOT] cat webmail app?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Aug 22 15:44:26 BST 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 02:14:41PM -0500, Andrew Kornak wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 10:48 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 05:47:25PM -0500, Andrew Kornak wrote:
> > > http://www.webmin.com/usermin.html
> > >
> > > Not Cat based but is a fairly complete perl-based, modular, extensible
> > > solution as well as a useful system administration tool. I have used
> > > Webmin and Usermin for many years and highly recommend both.
> >
> > How does that remotely relate to webmail?
> >

> As per the web sites I included, Usermin has a fairly complete mail
> module that integrates with spam/virus filters and offers many options
> regarding your mail delivery agent. Webmin and Usermin are BSD-like
> licensed and offer RPM. DEB, and tar source packages. I thought it might
> be a useful starting point or even a reference since it is written
> entirely in perl and is a very mature and well supported project.

Ok. I last looked at webmin about three years ago and it was an appallingly
badly written pile of hacks that just happened to work, and had no webmail
related component at all.

For the sake of us poor stupid people, maybe next time include a more
specific link and some explanation of why that link's in there :)