[Catalyst] Intermittent blank pages

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 16:13:33 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 7:02 AM, Tobias Kremer <list at funkreich.de> wrote:
> Quoting Sebastian Willert <willert at gmail.com>:
>> Are you using Perlbal in front of FastCGI? Perlbal is prone to deliver
>> blank pages if the back-end times out. Unfortunately I haven't found
>> a way to avoid this behavior, but maybe someone on the list can help
>> out ...
>
> No, we're using lighttpd and nothing changed on that front during the last two
> days :(
>
> --Tobias

Are you using an external fastcgi socket?

You may want to isolate if it is a problem in the Catalyst or
somewhere upstream by adding something into the dispatcher (probably
after ->finalize) or you can add "sub use_stats { 1 }" to MyApp.pm,
which will then log the stat info to $c->log->info (so make sure you
have that enabled)

That will help shed some light on where things are going blank.